Submit a Completed Application
- A recent small photograph of your child
- Non-refundable application fee of $150.00
- Copies of the previous two years' final school reports and any reports from the current year
- Copies of any professional academic and/or psychological assessments
- EQAO or other standardized test results
Once we have received the completed application you will be contacted to arrange a school visit for your child. Most prospective student visits are scheduled between January and the March Break.
JK & SK
- Applicants attend a half day individual visit with the JK class. This allows prospective students the opportunity to experience Montcrest's magical kindergarten program. Teachers interact with children during their visit observing & evaluating readiness skills, which include ability to follow instructions as well as social interactions with other children and adults.
- Applicants attend a half day individual visit with the SK class. This provides prospective students with the unique opportunity to experience 'a day in the life of Montcrest' through their interactions with students and staff. During their visit students are assessed to determine their level of proficiency in reading readiness & numeracy.
Grades 2 to 6, and 8
- Applicants visit the classroom for a full day individual visit. This provides prospective students with the unique opportunity to experience 'a day in the life of Montcrest' through their interactions with students and staff. Teachers work with the students during their visit to learn more about them and assess their level of proficiency in reading, writing & mathematics.
- Admission mornings for Grade 7 applicants will take place on January 12th & 26th 2017, from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Applicants may sign up online to attend one of these events, once we have received the completed application.
- To sign up for the Jan 12th morning
- To sign up for the Jan 26th morning CLICK HERE
The Grade 7 admissions morning will include the following:
- A tour of the school with Grade 7 Montcrest students
- An interview with a staff member
- An academic evaluation in reading, writing, & mathematics
We provide the prospective students with school supplies for the morning as well as refreshments.
Please be in contact should you have any questions.
- Availability of space
- Balance of classes with boys and girls
- Sibling placement
- JK, Grade 1 and Grade 7 and other grades as space becomes available.
Online Banking Information
We are delighted to advise you that the Business Office of Montcrest School accepts electronic banking for application fees, tuition and aftercare payments from the following banking institutions:
- TD Canada Trust
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Bank of Montreal
- Royal Bank
- President's Choice Financial
Go to your online banking institution website. Under Bill Payment look for Payee Name.
You will find us under the PAYEE NAME: Montcrest School
Your online account number is the first four letters of your child's surname, followed by 001.
(Example: Smith would be SMIT001)
If you are experiencing problems with registration, please contact our Business Office at 416-469-2008 ext. 222