At Montcrest School, our philosophy is to challenge children to reach their potential.
Community Outreach is an essential component in fulfilling this mission. We believe that all community outreach initiatives should reflect our Standing for Character values of Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Compassion, and Courage. Our outreach strives to teach our students about issues within our community and on a global level. This is done by helping organizations within Toronto and internationally. We believe that reaching their potential includes becoming engaged and responsible citizens.
Purpose of Community Outreach
- To develop the skills, and to provide the tools, for meaningful and active community service.
- To apply what students have learned for continued engagement beyond their time at Montcrest School.
- Encourage members of the Montcrest Community to develop an understanding of the various roles they can play in serving their community, and to increase awareness of community needs.
- To help develop a greater sense of belonging in the community.
- To further demonstrate the values of Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Compassion, and Courage.
- To enhance self-confidence and self-image.
Below are a number of the Community Outreach organizations that Montcrest is involved with.