Please note that Montcrest is near capacity in some grades for the 2019-2020 school year. Please contact our Admissions Office before submitting an application to confirm grade availability. Kindly email email@example.com or phone 416-469-2008.
Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Take a campus tour.
- Submit an online application.
- Student visits the school for a morning (JK and SK), full day (Grade 1 to 8), or a Grade 7 Admissions Morning.
- You will be notified of your application status within one week of visit date, except for Junior Kindergarten and Grade 7 who have separate admissions mornings.
- Availability of space
- Balanced classes
- Sibling placement
Submit a Completed Application
- Applications can be completed online, or are available to download.
- Non-refundable application fee of $150 (Online payment instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.)
- Photograph of applicant
- Copies of the previous two years' final school report cards and any reports from the current year
- Copies of any professional assessments
- Copies of any tutoring reports
Once an application is received, an admissions associate will be in contact to arrange a school visit for your child. Please click on a grade below to learn more about the admissions visit.
All JK applicants will attend a ‘JK Days’ session at Montcrest. Applicants will take part in a short morning session in both the JK classroom and outdoor learning area. Applicants will work with JK teachers, whilst engaging in carefully crafted play-based activities, designed to show school readiness. Whilst JK applicants take part in their activities, parents are invited to enjoy coffee and a short presentation about getting the best start to Early Years education at Montcrest School.
All JK sessions are held from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. Please contact our Admissions Office to arrange a date for a ‘JK Days’ visit.
- Friday, December 7th, 2018
- Saturday, January 19th, 2019
- Friday, January 25th, 2019
- Thursday, February 14th, 2019
- Friday, March 29th, 2019
- Friday, May 10th, 2019
Applicants will attend a morning visit with the current Junior Kindergarten class. This allows prospective students the opportunity to experience Montcrest's play-based Kindergarten program. During a visit, our teachers will observe and evaluate school readiness skills, including the ability to follow instructions and interact with other children and adults.
Applicants will attend a morning visit with the Senior Kindergarten class. This provides prospective students with the opportunity to interact with students and staff and take part in our broad and balanced curriculum. During a visit, we work with students to explore their level of proficiency in literacy and numeracy.
Grades 2 to 6 and Grade 8
Applicants visit the classroom for a full day. This provides prospective students with the unique opportunity to experience a day in the life of Montcrest and to interact with students and staff. Teachers work closely with visiting students during their visit to learn more about their level of proficiency in reading, writing, and mathematics.
- Take a campus tour of Montcrest School with a member of our Admissions Team.
- Submit an online application.
- Register online for a Grade 7 Admissions Morning on January 17 or January 31, 2019.
- Notification of application status will be received by the end of February.
The Grade 7 Admissions Morning will include the following:
- A tour of the school with Grade 6 & 7 Montcrest students
- An interview with a staff member
- An academic evaluation in reading, writing, and mathematics
- A collaborative problem-solving activity in small groups
- School supplies and snacks provided
Online Payment Information
We are delighted to advise you that the Business Office at Montcrest School accepts electronic payment for application fees, tuition and aftercare payments from the following banking institutions:
- TD Canada Trust
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Bank of Montreal
- Royal Bank
- President's Choice Financial
Go to your online banking institution website. Under Bill Payment look for Payee Name.
You will find us under the PAYEE NAME: Montcrest School
Your online account number is the first four letters of your child's surname, followed by 001.
(Example: Smith would be SMIT001)
If you are experiencing problems with registration, please contact our Business Office at 416-469-2008 ext. 222